cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin have changed my Contract

Jayleen
Dialled in

Back in February 2023 I was given an 18-month contract for M125 internet, Mixit TV and landline which I don't have any more. Back in May I suddenly had all these extra channels and thought it was because of the King's Coronation. As time went on I realised that my landline was dead and this must be the reason for the extra stations until my contract finished. I have just received an email for an offer only to realise that they have changed my package to Maxit TV even though my contract was for Mixit. They even have the Tivo box that I have as the 360 and it isn't. They also say that my bill will go up to £72, also different to what it says on the contract. I want to remain on the Mixit  I don't want or need all these extra channels !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jayleen, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any confusion around your package, its features and the monthly price.  And sorry for any concerns this may be causing you. I would not be able to speculate without seeing your account.  So that I can offer you some clarity and reassurance, I am going to send you a private message, so that I can take a look on your behalf. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jayleen, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any confusion around your package, its features and the monthly price.  And sorry for any concerns this may be causing you. I would not be able to speculate without seeing your account.  So that I can offer you some clarity and reassurance, I am going to send you a private message, so that I can take a look on your behalf. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

Jayleen
Dialled in

Thans Lee, I have sent you a PM.

Jayleen
Dialled in

Well that turned out to be no help at all. Got passed on to John who told me because I didn't have the new landline having Mixit TV would mess up the system . This sounds like a load of rubbish especially as the Maxit TV includes the Mixit version, you just block the other channels. When I received the email about the change in the Landline it only said that you wouldn't be able to use it anymore, not once did it say anything about Maxit, I was never informed of this!

Now I'm looking to leave at the end of this contract but I'm seeing so many horror stories on here from people trying to leave and problems they are having.

I've even found another Internet provider offering 1,000 mbps for only £12per month for the first 6mths then £32.40 with no mid contract price rises!!!!

I  have 2 freeview recorders, an Mbox and Webos. So I don't actually need any TV from Virgin. I can only hope leaving at the beginning of November goes smoothly after 30 days prior notice.

Hi Jayleen, 

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. We're sorry to hear you feel this way. I can see you've already sent another private message to my colleague who was originally helping you to resolve this. 

We'll leave this with them to avoid multiple agents working on the same thing 🙂 They will be in touch with you when back on shift.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs