cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£90.00 per month for internet and landline only quoted.

Connie47
Joining in

Are Virgin Media completely heartless? My husband died in January and his full package including all sports channels ended in March. I took over the account and wanted to get rid of sports and other channels I don’t watch as could not afford the package and was quoted I think £150.00. I said I couldn’t possibly pay that so asked could I just have internet and landline, no TV,  and was told that would be £90 a month, however I could have the top package including everything for £91.00 with discount. I feel I am being blackmailed into a package I can’t really afford or need! They won’t quote me less for basic channels and Sky.

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your husband and the cynical way you have been treated ever since by Virgin Media. 

Given that you are apparently outside of a discounted contract now I would cancel and switch to Now broadband and add their TV option (take care to read their bit on switching landline from VM first) https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-broadband

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning @Connie47 

Condolences firstly from all at Virgin Media.

I'll send you a PM now.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill