cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trail coming to an end, was promised a "unbeatable" deal at the end of the trial.. see what I was offered

Martyn
Up to speed

Got a call today to keep me on after the trial that ends on 15/03, the lady said I could get 2gig for the discounted price of £84 (lol) or 1gig for the discounted price of £48, more than what it currently is for new customers -.-, haha! told them to cancel it, with any luck I'll get retentions call for better prices, originally when taking the trial we were promised an "unbeatable" price afterwards -.-

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)
6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martyn, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the offer from the team which has resulted in you giving your notice to leave. The team would have offered the best that was available at the time however our offers and promotions are always changing. 

If you would like us to check again in a few weeks, let us know and we can help further. 

In the meantime, good luck with your new provider. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Feeling appreciated for being an important (and pretty high profile) member of the trial Martyn? Would you recommend the experience to others in the future?

The Ts and Cs for being a VM "panelist" are, as is always the case with these things, pretty bleak and entirely one sided https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/panelist-terms-conditions

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I would recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend you believe what they say, we filled out every survey -.- maybe we shouldn't have bothered haha, I can get quickline here so if they don't offer better than were just move, shame as never had an issue with Virgin really, other than a few days downtime and the odd night of dropping internet -.-

Sure, feel free to check if you're able too?

Hi Martyn thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're feeling let down. I would like to take a look on your behalf and raise a complaint.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards
Lee_R

Martyn
Up to speed

forum staff "best" offer is £78 for 1gig 🤣, for something that is £62/mo? haha, my god. A few weeks and ill order quickline, if retentions don't offer anything worth while.