cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub

tess09
Joining in

The red light on hub is on all the time . I have tried rebooting but still the same . It is not in sunlight and appears to be working ok as no issues were found when tested. Is there anyway I can speak to a person ?. I phoned 150 and was told a link would be sent to my mobile but I don't have a smart phone so can't click the link if it had come through to my very basic mobile. 

I am worried that the hub is overheating and could cause a fire.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello tess09,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your hub showing a red light
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a swap.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 

In the mean time can you also ensure its in a well ventilated place please 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello tess09,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your hub showing a red light
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a swap.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 

In the mean time can you also ensure its in a well ventilated place please 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you. The hub is in a well ventilated area. A pm is ok will look out for it

Thank you tess09.

Gareth_L

Thanks for passing security tess09.

Now we have arranged an engineers appointment to swap the hub over.

Can you please let me know how the visit goes.

Gareth_L

You booked the engineers appointment for today 28th @8am --12noon for me but no one has shown up is there anyway I can find out if they are still coming to change the hub.

Hello again tess09.

Sorry the appointment was not done today.

It was actually postponed due to an outage in the area.

Any appointments that are booked and we have an issue in the area are stopped.

This will be cause the engineers would not be able to activate any new equipment.

I can rebook you in.

I will book you in for the next available day you mention in your private message if that is okay.

Or I can look at sending one out for you? which ever suits you better?

Gareth_L

Book me another appointment please. 

Sorry will that  be on Saturday at the same times as the cancelled one. 
It would have been nice to have been informed that the appt. was cancelled,  do I get the compensation for the missed appt. taken off my mthly bill.

Hi tess09, 

Thanks for popping back to us on this one. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

In terms of compensation, this wouldn't apply here as the appointment was cancelled due to an area fault. An automatic message was sent once the visit was cancelled too. 

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs