cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Online Contract Renewal

MK23
Tuning in

Hello,

im having the same issue. Every 18 months when it comes to renewal is an absolute shambles with virgin. They give nothing for loyalty and are extremely unprofessional. Currently pay £42 for our package. I’ve been chatting/calling everyday for the past two weeks and every hour sometimes and every day I get given a new package price for exactly the same package. It ranges from £50/51/56/57/62/76, it’s absolutely absurd. When I challenge them why it’s a lottery system they actually don’t care even if I speak to someone on the phone and say well I got given a different price half an hour ago, they say deals change, what within 20 mins? 

we’ve been with virgin for 24 years so don’t want to have to change but they don’t value customers. Sky are offering the same package for £39 and they don’t care. A family member got exactly the same package as us last week for £42 so why are we getting penalised for this. 
why is it a lottery system?! I’ve even put in a complaint and have got a reference. Asked for a call back but no one called just a generic email. When I did a chat to educate, they have point blank refused to escalate to a manager. Can anyone look into this and just help?! Virgin are really bad! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MK23 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We have split this post so that we can speak with you individually without being lost in another thread. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have not yet been able to arrange a new package. Can I ask if you have agreed to a package that has been offered yet? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

MK23
Tuning in

Hello,

im having the same issue. Every 18 months when it comes to renewal is an absolute shambles with virgin. They give nothing for loyalty and are extremely unprofessional. Currently pay £42 for our package. I’ve been chatting/calling everyday for the past two weeks and every hour sometimes and every day I get given a new package price for exactly the same package. It ranges from £50/51/56/57/62/76, it’s absolutely absurd. When I challenge them why it’s a lottery system they actually don’t care even if I speak to someone on the phone and say well I got given a different price half an hour ago, they say deals change, what within 20 mins? 

we’ve been with virgin for 24 years so don’t want to have to change but they don’t value customers. Sky are offering the same package for £39 and they don’t care. A family member got exactly the same package as us last week for £42 so why are we getting penalised for this. 
why is it a lottery system?! I’ve even put in a complaint and have got a reference. Asked for a call back but no one called just a generic email. When I did a chat to educate, they have point blank refused to escalate to a manager. Can anyone look into this and just help?! Virgin are really bad! 

Hey @MK23 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor run around you've had recently with the team.
Any sales packages offered are point of contact sales which means they are based off whatever the agent can provide there and then, please also note that not all agents will have the same discounted offers.

Let's look in to this and see what has gone on and see what we can do to rectify the matter.
I will send a private message for further support.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you! I’d appreciate that. I’ll look out for your message. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MK23 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We have split this post so that we can speak with you individually without being lost in another thread. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have not yet been able to arrange a new package. Can I ask if you have agreed to a package that has been offered yet? 

Well no because they all offer different prices every time we call….and they can’t get the same or lowest price we were offered so it’s really frustrating and time consuming. Like I said a bit of a lottery system on who you get at the end of the call or chat to what they offer. It’s really unfair…

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MK23 

VM's actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, and agent to agent basis. 

I don't, and haven't worked for VM, but have worked within other call centres as a retentions agent, and would suggest that all companies follow a similar format in that individual agents are given "save targets" and can offer different deals than those offered by other agents on the same day.

I know it sounds odd, but agents are given a set amount of allowances to offer at varying price points.

If they have used up their quota of lowest prices for the day or week, then they couldn't offer say the Mega Volt bundle for £100, but if the next agent hadn't reached their quota then they would be able to offer that price point.  It's also possible that one of the retention teams may be "trialling" a price point not available to other teams.

To be honest if you are fairly happy with a  quoted price whilst on the phone with the agent (or need to confirm it first with say your partner) then accept it as it probably won't be available again.  You can then take advantage of the 14 day distance selling window should you change your mind and wish to reject that offer. You would then go back to your original pricing, even if it was the out of contract price,  and package (or nearest equivalent) and then have the option of either cancelling or renegotiating.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

MK23
Tuning in

Hi! Thanks for your advice. So I called through today and got the contract for £48. I specifically asked the caller “do all discounts run out at the same time in 18 months to which he said yes”, he didn’t go through any details. I got some message to preview the contact but he kept me talking so he didn’t go through it and I just read the top line stuff and he assured me apart from April price rises it was £48 for 18 months. When I read the small print it says in Oct the price goes up to £57, he never mentioned this! I called back immediately and spoke to another agent who said I need to put a complaint in. But this is absolutely ridiculous. You get through one battle with VM and run into another one! They are lying and not giving full information. I’ve clearly been missold a product. They should be transparent with prices! Especially if it’s going up a significant amount! What do I do know? So stressful ☹️ how can they sell someone but randomly increases prices mid way by not telling us?!