cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sim with Virgin contract. Can I cancel and not effect my Virgin discounts?

tayorv
Joining in

I recently upgraded but £5 of my monthly payment is an o2 sim, that I dont need nor will use. I have a seperate contract for the sim and a contract for virgin services. Its the last day of my cooling off period so I think I'm fine to cancel it and not effect my virgin discount? Obviously I'll ask on the call but wanted a heads up before I sat on the phone all day.

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @tayorv on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Cancelling the O2 sim card would not effect the pricing of the Virgin Media services, but would remove Volt benefits from your Virgin Media services.

If you have any Wi-Fi pods, or are reluctant to have the speed downgraded to the tier below, it may be worthwhile keeping the O2 services active.

Thanks,

David_Bn

I’m really struggling to find out who I need to speak to about the £25 I pay to O2. Virgin Media say its O2. O2 say it’s VM. My contract is up for renewal and I can’t work out whether I need to keep paying the £25 or if I don’t will I lose my mobile? No one at either company has a clue. Help?!

Hi furnivall1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, if you are going to upgrade to a different Volt deal then the Mobile side will continue, if you decide to go for a standard package then you can cancel the Sim Via O2 if you decided you didn't want to keep it.

Regards

Paul.