cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No retentions call?

hamesb2
Joining in

Virgin offered me the usual bad offers so I opted to disconnect. Having read experiences on here I though the best thing to do would be to wait them out for an offer from retentions. Sadly, it's been 7 days now and I've not received a call.

What are my next best steps?

At worst I can switch to NowTV broadband monthly contract for a few months and then sign up as a new customer again but that seems like the most complicated route.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi hamesb2 

Outbound retentions don't call every customer that has placed a cancellation request.

It's possible that your account contact permissions are set so VM can't contact you. You can check that and change it if necessary by logging into /my-virgin-media and then clicking on Account Settings > Marketing Preferences.

There's nothing to prevent you calling retentions again yourself and re-negotiating to see if you can obtain a better deal.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Alby41
Up to speed

There was a promotion only yesterday for Now TV with a healthy contribution of Mb/s at a fair price, I am not saying leave VM as they are excellent at times TV packages etc .... but Now has stepped up as has many others who can access the openreach cabling and other fibre cabling companies ... go to ISPreview for a check ... good luck

unisoft
Well-informed

@hamesb2 wrote:

Virgin offered me the usual bad offers so I opted to disconnect. Having read experiences on here I though the best thing to do would be to wait them out for an offer from retentions. Sadly, it's been 7 days now and I've not received a call.

What are my next best steps?

At worst I can switch to NowTV broadband monthly contract for a few months and then sign up as a new customer again but that seems like the most complicated route.

You may get SMS messages 3 days before disconnection like me. They were too late for me, my other provider was very efficient and I was not going to mess them around because VM were too late so I am walking the walk as last day today. Friends and Family to follow as well as my O2 SIM when that's up beginning of June. So a fair bit walking out the door.....

Sounds like you have selected the best route as you are 100% a new customer after 90 days and get all the lovely topcashback/quidco deals, any free gifts or bill credits along with new customer pricing. Plus you get new kit (if you had old)...