cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract + Speed Upgrade Delay

Sb2001
Tuning in

Hi all,

Hoping that someone can give me some advice. I renewed my VM contract 5 days ago online and opted for a speed upgrade to the 500Mb connection - I only have broadband (no tv, phone etc.). I received all the relevant emails showing the new contract and pricing structure. The expected upgrade date to the connection was estimated as 06/04/2024. As yet nothing has happened, I notice from other people on these forums that changes to their packages happened pretty quickly.

On VM's website it still says 'Your contract has expired' and clicking on the 'see your offers' and 'Explore your renewal deal' links it tells me 'Your order's on it's way! - Sorry! We're still processing your last order so can't accept any more purchases at this time.'

Has anyone else had similar waiting times for upgrades/contract renewals?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sb2001 

Online upgrades are handled by a back office team and are currently taking up to 14 days to process due to a back log of orders. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sb2001 

Online upgrades are handled by a back office team and are currently taking up to 14 days to process due to a back log of orders. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sb2001
Tuning in

Thanks for the info.

Hi there @Sb2001 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced a wait for your upgrade and a big thank you to newapollo for their advise here so far. Just to confirm they are correct and the deal can take 14 days, please do let us know how things are looking after this time? 

Sb2001
Tuning in

All sorted, thanks both!

We're glad to hear that sb2001

^Martin