cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account number

Loretah
Joining in

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I moved into a new home, and my Virgin Media login (email address) is connected to my old customer number. I am not going to create a new email account just for Virgin, that is absurd.
Not only do I need to access my new account info, but also when I connected the router in my new home, Virgin detected that I was using an old hub, so they sent me an email to tell me I could get a free upgrade. The problem is that since that login is connected to my old address, they tell me they're going to send it to my old address! I really would like the new hub, but at my new address, obviously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Loretah,

As stated by my colleague we would be able to go about sorting out a transfer of the account from the old one to the new one, but this can take up to 5 working days to complete, if you used a new email you can do this instantly, if you did want this done, let me know here and I can process this.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Loretah
Joining in

I tried live chat about this issue, I was told that the only solution is to create a new email address for the new account. That can't be right, I've seen other people in the forum getting help to avoid having to do that.
Is it not possible to associate my new account number to my current email address, or delete the old account?

Hi @Loretah,

As stated by my colleague we would be able to go about sorting out a transfer of the account from the old one to the new one, but this can take up to 5 working days to complete, if you used a new email you can do this instantly, if you did want this done, let me know here and I can process this.

Joe

Hi! Waiting 5 working days is not a problem, I would really like to transfer the account to the new one, please.

Hey @Loretah,

No worries i would like to look into this with you then, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message.

Joe

Hi, 

I’m having the same issue. I was told on the phone yesterday that it would take a few hours. How do I go about switching to a new email address? 

thanks. 

Hi juliahaler

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you please expand on what you need help with?

Have you recently moved property?

Are you unable to access the online account?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I also have this issue my order was cancelled and then reinstated with a new account number that I am unable to access. Can you help?

Hi @Sid15,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the order being cancelled. Would you mind expanding on what's happened? Have your services been installed and activated yet? Have you had services with us in the past?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi my services are not activated yet. My order was cancelled and package changed. I was provided with a new account number but I am unable to logging with it. When I login it won’t let me change the account number to the new one so I can check my new contract details are correct.