cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix added to bundle - but issue and conflicting answers

Maxieftm
Tuning in

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, or has been answered elsewhere, its difficult to look everywhere!!

Recently changed my bundle and have had the Netflix added.  I have one issue, and then conflicting info i've been told by different people at Virgin.

Firstly, i recieved the activation email quite quickly, but it doesnt work!  The link in the email goes to a webpage that says no page found!  Virgin Twitter said to ring Faults, so i did, and they said they can resolve it, but here comes the conflicting bit.

I've been told, (and seaches online and this forum seem to suggest) that if you already have a Netflix account:

- firstly, you need to cancel it first and then use the activation email, log in with your existing Netflix username and your old account would transfer over.

- Then I was told you dont even need to cancel, just use the activation link and Virgin's activation will sort it all out and you stop getting billed by Netflix.

- Now i've just been told (when calling Faultst to see if they can sort out the non working activation email) that they can sort it out for me, but everything i've mentioned above is wrong, you need to cancel your old Netflix first, that will be lost forever and there is no transferring over of your old account!!  They said everything i've previously been told is incorrect!

Can anyone please confirm which is correct?  

Many thanks

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maxieftm 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any Netflix issues.

Can you try logging in to your online account then going to the 'entertainment services' option. Is there a Netflix tile there for you to activate?

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maxieftm 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any Netflix issues.

Can you try logging in to your online account then going to the 'entertainment services' option. Is there a Netflix tile there for you to activate?

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, 

Yes, there is and its got an option for me to Activate.  I wasnt told this was something i could do, so thanks for that.  I'm assuming this is just another method to activate instead of the email i received?

I guess the question i'm left with, before i try this, is about my current Netflix subscription.  Whether to cancel 1st, activate this one with my existing email/login or does it not transfer over at all.

Browsing here, the FAQs say that my existing account will transfer over and that its all sorted in the sign up process, but as i said earlier, i was categorically told by the helpline earlier today that wasnt true and exisiting netflix subscriptions would be lost!

thanks

Thanks for coming back to me.

Please do that activation link, it'll take you to logging in and you can have the same details as before (your own Netflix).

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team