cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm now homeless and need to cancel

mysterybiscuits
Joining in

Hi there,

I've been evicted by my landlord (a Section 21 no-fault eviction), and had to move out. I'm now homeless, and am sofa-surfing with friends and relatives. I contacted Virgin Media on Twitter, and they said waiving the early disconnection fee would be considered in my situation on a case by case basis, however I got in touch with Virgin Media via the WhatsApp chat and was told there was no possibility that the fee could be waived (or even reduced).

Is there any chance I could get a second opinion with regards to this? Due to my contract length left I would be paying the full disconnection fee and due to my current financial situation, I cannot afford this.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mysterybiscuits,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We will be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Click the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

kornsteven
Tuning in

Did this get sorted? I’m in the exact same situation 

I hope you find somewhere soon

Hi @kornsteven thanks for your post here.

I know we communicated yesterday through PM originally, so don't worry I'll respond to your latest PM as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I am facing a similar problem with homelessness and Virgin media is refusing to cancel my contract even though they will not be able to deliver it anywhere I am dyslexic and don't know where to put this question to you in this forum

Did this get sorted for you because this forum doesn't seem to give any answers

Hello Proffobollo

Sorry to hear of the change in circumstances and the problems this is causing, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via our forums and welcome to the community, wo just wish it was under better circumstances.

In regards to Early Disconnection Fee's these are applicable in all cases depending on the circumstances. More details on these can be found here, we appreciate this may not be something your comfortable with discussing via a forum but if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

Rob 

Yes my contract was cancelled without fee, had to prove my homelessness with my notice from my landlord

You might want to be consistent with your customers, you did it for me with proof, I certainly hope you do it for this customer too… or that is a bad showing on virgin treating customers differently 

Hello kornsteven,

Thanks for posting regarding your experience in similar circumstances, as mentioned in my response to the post, it depends on the circumstances but if similar to yours we would look into this further to potentially waive these.

Rob