cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeless - Cancellation Fee, Poor Customer Service

Jones9376
Joining in

Hi,

Ive been a customer of VM along with my family members who all use the service for YEARS.

I have been made homeless through no fault of my own and was evicted by the landlord on the 17th October, i have no new fixed address and am staying with freinds and family or at a hostel. So naturally i do not want to keep paying the subscription for them to use in my former house now.

online chat agents will not let me cancel and are saying i need to pay an early termination fee as its 'my choice' to cancel, this is a shocking lack of empathy and customer service to anyone never mind someone who has been a good customer and paid probably thousands over the years. It wasnt my choice to get removed from the house.

ive read on this forum others have had this sorted, im not sure what more to do now other than just cancel the direct debit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

Thanks to Jones9376 for PMing with me. We were able to take the details and evidence we need and offer further support with disconnecting their services, without any fees due to their circumstances. 

This has now all been sorted and resolved, with returns packaging for any equipment on its way to an alternative address. 

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything further you need. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jones9376 👋 Welcome to community! 
Thank you for posting - so sorry to hear about your change in circumstances, and your experience trying to get this sorted with us. I appreciate it must be of great concern. 

If you move to a non-serviced address we waive any early disconnection fees as part of your cancellation process. There is just a form to complete where you would send us evidence of your new address. (You are sent this on the day of the service disconnection, with 30 days to return any proof). In your circumstances, we will just need to get you to send us proof of the eviction. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few bits of account information and we can arrange getting this sent over to us, and offer further support with your case. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

Thanks to Jones9376 for PMing with me. We were able to take the details and evidence we need and offer further support with disconnecting their services, without any fees due to their circumstances. 

This has now all been sorted and resolved, with returns packaging for any equipment on its way to an alternative address. 

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything further you need. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

Hi,

I am now in this situation.  I have spoken to the Virgin media advisors and have been told need to pay £600 to cancel my contract.  How is this acceptable when I have been issued a Section 21 no fault eviction notice?

Hi Molly 

I have been a customer for 10 years however unfortunately I am going through a similar situation regarding cancellation fees and homelessness could you please direct me to where I could forward evidence of my circumstances

Hey @joepic,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your situation, I want to look into this further with you to see what we can do with regards to this, I will be sending you a PM shortly to look into this.

Joe