cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help... PLEASE!

Scotsman2003
Joining in

I have spent the last 2 hours on the chat service today to inform Virgin that I’ve had to leave my house unexpectedly as the landlord is selling the house and I haven’t got anywhere else to go there for I am HOMELESS with no fixed address. I'm now going between the local authority homeless unit and friends until I can find something permanent for me and my children.

I was informed that my early termination fee to leave my contract early was the full contract price in one payment this is just totally unaffordable and unrealistic.

It is really affecting my mental health I’ve never missed a single payment and I really don’t want to get into arrears and it to affect my credit report when it’s taken me years to improve. I feel like I'm punished by virgin media for losing my house due to no fault of my own.

I was going to stay with the service after I get a more permanent address. But due to the lack of care or empathy for their customers. I WONT be staying with them and I certainly won't be recommending anyone else to their service and I also know of a few friends who will be cancelling at the end of their contracts.

Absolutely disgusted at the service as if things aren't bad enough. I didn't choose to be homeless so why are you punishing me?! Please help I'm at my wits end

5 REPLIES 5

unisoft
Well-informed

Raise a formal complaint for the complaints team when you get some time.

Until then a VM staff member may reply, but it can take up to 3 days on this forum and they may not be able to deal with an account issue/financial.

Raise a formal complaint at this link:

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/make-a-complaint

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scotsman2003, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get this resolved for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Scotsman2003
Joining in

Can't thank the team enough for their help in this matter. I just wish I had done this sooner and wasn't worrying so much about it. Many thanks

Mum1212
On our wavelength

This is terrible - really sorry to hear you are homeless and I hope people are helping you.

You really MUST log something on twitter to the Virgin Media Help hashtag. Make this problem public - I am certain a lot of people will support you. The twitter people respond same day. That is your best bet.