cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract/End of service.

cristaki
Tuning in

So, my contract is due to end. Tried contacting customer services by phone (not taking calls too busy) and webchat. The webchat turned into a marathon (you could run one in the time the chat went on). Started at 12:33 and I terminated it at 15:20. Talk about being pushed from pillar to post or in this case pillar to webbot. I've been a customer for over 20 years, I've sent a written cancelation to the Sunderland address. The customer service is absolutely shocking, I'm not going to put myself through this again in 12 months time and I have no intension of accepting the £50 per month default, I'm sure that is the scam to wear people down and make it nigh on impossible to leave. It should be a straight forward process to submit a cancellation via the online account, instead you are put though a unending psychological mind game to keep you with the company. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @cristaki, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the decision to cancel the services with Virgin Media, and for the poor experience you've endured with our customer services when trying to complete this request.

If you have written to our Sunderland address, with the request to cancel, and all account details enclosed, our team will process the request and start the 30 day notice period from the date on the letter you have sent.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Unfourtunatley my woes are not over. Despite responding to a txt and an email I have not received the prepacked kit to return the hub. Our accouint has been debited with £40 for non return of equipment. We have a bill for this month for £34 and I can't view the bill (oops something has gone wroung msg). I have tried raising a manual request for return of equipment, using three different devices (two different OS and browsers). Both are reporting issues with the numbers fields. This is just adding insult to injury. After this expierence I won't be returning as a customer.

Regards,

C Midgley

Hi @cristaki 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill