cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my contract

Sealady21
Joining in

I am so fed up with no being able to speak to anyone at VM about cancelling my contract.  Since October I been trying to either negotiate a new deal and when I eventually spoke to somone they offered me £3 less than what I am paying now that I am out of contract.

I want to cancel in the last two days this is what I have done.

Phone the number ending in 111 and all I get is this is how to pay your bill, I have waited online via their chat bot for over 8 hours to get to speak to someone this was yesterday and all I get was they are busy will be 39 minutes etc.  Today I tried Whatsapp and still nothing.   I have read that the only alternative is now to spend even more money by sending them a recorded letter.  Are we living in the dark ages that a company like VM you can only communicate  with them is  via snail mail?   I have put in a complaint to their complaints department and I got a email back stating what I need to do which is exactly what I am doing.  I have had no option but now to escalate it to Ofcom as before to long I will be force to pay another month amount.  

When I spoke to Sky to say I want to move it was all sorted within 30 minutes but I cannot put my order in as you have to cancel with VM first.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you previous contract of 12/18/24 months ended you are put on a 30 day rolling contract. You have to give 30 days notice either by phone or in my opinion it’s far better by a signed for letter. The VM staff on the board do not handle contract negotiations.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I realise that people that monitor the board don't handle negotiations it appears no one seems to because its impossible to speak to anyone.   

Good Morning @Sealady21, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry we're unable to assist with negotiations or cancellations of the services, but if you're able to call our team on 0345 454 1111 or 150 on your Virgin Media landline service, close to our 8am opening time, you'll be best placed to speak to our team in a timely manner.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).