cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being overcharged due to TV box issues

Gregor97
Joining in

We set up Virgin Media TV, Broadband & Phone as new customers in our new home in June 2023 and the package we got also included TNT sports for £39.50 per month for an 18 month contract. The engineer that came to fit our package refused to fit the TV cable under the floor so we were left with no option but to get a stream box instead of a 360 box so we didn't have a cable going across the floor. Eventually the stream box arrived and after months of trying we were told we couldn't get the TNT sports working. So we resorted to getting back in touch with VM and requested another 360 box again and we paid our own electrician to fit the cabling below the floor. Problem solved, or so we thought. As the package was changed between a 360 box to stream box back to 360 box (due to VMs own faults) we are now being charged £97 per month and then an additional £80ish for changing the package. We have tried to resolve this numerous times on phonecalls with the VM team but they have not helped in any way and have even hung up on us mid phone call. We would like to revert back to paying the original agreed amount as we are receiving the agreed package 7 months in to an 18 month contract. If this cannot be resolved we will have no option but to go to another provider, at a great cost to us. The customer service we have received has been absolutely shocking and we are desperate to resolve this. The bill we have received for next month is now sitting at just under £300 which is completely wrong. 

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gregor97,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your account and package, I would like to go about looking into this further with you so that we can sort this out, for us to do so I will need to confirm some information via a private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gregor97,

Thanks for joining me in that private message so that we could go about resolving your issue, if there is anything further we can do at all to help, please do let us know.

Joe