cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding channels

Rshipp89
Joining in

Hi there i added the MAXIT to my box on Sunday, through the online website, for the Man Utd game via bt sports, however they said it won’t be added till Wednesday?! How come it takes so long to add these channels, I’ve had Mayes who had sky sports added in there virgin box within 4 hours the same day! I really hope they do not charge me for these 3 days where I’m missing my channels, someone hopefully can help on here , thank you In advance ! Reuben

23 REPLIES 23

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Reuben,

Generally if you make any changes by phone, such as adding Maxit TV or BT Sports etc then they are available straightaway or within a few hours.

If though you make any changes online, or via the set top box, or via text/messenger then the changes/additions have to be manually input so it can take up to 72 working  hours.

You haven't said which box you have but have you tried rebooting to see if they've been added yet?

If you have a Tivo or V6 box you can try to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

i don’t have the option to add channels in my box, there is no way for me to find it , just dosnt exist, must be a different box to what your referring to, so it’s Wednesday today, the day they said it will be estimated to connect, and guess what? I’m still missing my channels! Virgin media is a joke 😂

Hello Rshipp89,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue the upgrade.
Sadly on the Forums we are unable to action any upgrades.

However you can call us on 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

We also have contact options here.

Gareth_L

What benefit is there to ringing them up? It said on the website Wednesday, it’s Wednesday, still not added, it’s so weird how they’ve upgraded all there website and made it easier to add content , you can get a brand new phone from virgin mobile the next day, but it still takes 3 days or more to add channels when done online… the reason I did it online was to avoid speaking to people on the phone 😂 such a backward system. Sorry I’m just upset at the way it works. 

Hello Rshipp89,

With automated upgrades online etc , It can take longer than if you call. Something may have gone wrong with the order.

Calling can still take 24 hours maximum to activate, but least you know its going to go through.

Sorry if you feel upset about this. Its clearly not intentional.

Gareth_L

Rshipp89
Joining in

So I my contract start date starts today, the virgin woman on the phone told me I was eligible for a new hub now I’m on m200, I was on m100 before, so they are sending me one on the 8th, how come I haven’t got my channels today if they don’t need a new box for the tv package? I would love to be upgraded when they say they are 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Rshipp89,

Can I ask regarding this, was it advised that the channels have been put on correctly? 

If so when?

Let us know,

Kain

Ok so I rang them today and found out there delivering a 360 today instead of the 8th 😔 and apparently when I install  the box the software will send a signal to add the channels or some stuff like that ? All I wanted to do was add channels last Wednesday and it’s become such a farce I wish I hadn’t bothered, it was for an actual live football game on BT SPORT which has now gone and passed 😂 It takes ages to add channels these days! 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, 

Was the 360 upgrade included with your channel upgrade at all?

Regards,

Kain