cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% Off Offer for Speed Boost

steveg170
Joining in

On 09/01/24 I received an email from VM offering a speed boost from M350 to M500 for £3 extra a month. 

On 10/01, I followed the link in the email to accept the offer and got an order confirmation email with an estimated activation date of 13/01. That date came and went with no change to my package. 

I did a WhatsApp chat with VM a couple of days ago to found out what was happening and was told by the agent that they have no access to deals offered via email or online and had no knowledge of this particular offer. However, they did offer to make the same upgrade to my package for an extra £11 per month! Needless to say, I declined. 

Has anyone else tried to accept this offer? Can a Mod suggest how I'm supposed to query this matter when the chat agents have no knowledge of these offers and VM do not publish any phone numbers on which to contact them? 

4 REPLIES 4

adamelphick
Up to speed

Sounds like the debacle with the discount offer to stay with them that many of us were sent last summer - it took me months (and the help of the amazing Support Staff here) to get it sorted (although bills are still wrong), as no one at VM WhatsApp support even knew about it, or could do anything... The Marketing Department doesn't seem to talk to the Accounts/Billing Department at all!

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @steveg170 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

1000009835.jpg

1000009831.jpg

1000009833.jpg

 recieved this on Monday 🤡

Hi @flipflop 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having the same issues with an offer again. We truly apologise on behalf of our team. Can you let us know if the link fails on other devices too? Are you able to see the offer in your my VM account? https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs