cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd complaint to fix Virgin's law-breaking changes to my account!! This time it's the account duration..

foc
Tuning in

This summer I posted to this board about Virgin changing my broadband account to a much more expensive package when I moved home, despite my stating REPEATEDLY that I wanted to keep my existing contract (and paying for the home address change). It took 2 official complaints and posts to this board to get the money refunded (only finally refunded in November after I had paid it in June).  Now, because my contract should be coming to an end, I checked the exact date...and I find that Virgin have put my contract start date as 23 May 2023 not 16 May 2022 which was when I took out the contract.  

I want my original contract honoured. I want to end it as soon as I can without getting any penalty. This should be on 16 November 2023.  It is appalling that I have had to make 3 complaints about this error...that was Virgin's I suspect deliberate mistake as I said on the phone and backed up by messaging my clear insistence that I wanted to keep my original contract terms.

Please can someone help me sort this? I have been very ill, otherwise I would have pursued this more vigorously, but right now I am going to pursue this to the Regulator and to Court if need be. Hopefully Virgin will fix this before I need to do that.

6 REPLIES 6

foc
Tuning in

I should say I have tried Virgin's helpdesk chat...left hanging for 34 minutes when the website said "call centre wait time could be up to 10 minutes 12 seconds"...

Hi @foc 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I can see all amendments were done when you spoke to my colleague but for your peace of mind, I'll confirm via PM.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Actually it's not the case that "all amendments were done", as my post states!  Thank you for the PM, hopefully we can resolve this.

Just to add - this was NOT resolved despite Virgin promising it was - today I got a bill (for a service that was cancelled and I have written confirmation) for 3 TIMES the previous charge!!  PLEASE RESOLVE

First - please all readers check my previous posts for history of Virgin's appalling illegal behaviour re: my broadband contract.

10 November I had thought all was resolved - I have Virgin's in-writing agreement that my contact would end on 23 December, and I even had a text a week before asking if I wanted to renew (you must be joking).

Then I get a new bill today for £93.50, and when I check my online account it claims - COMPLETELY FALSELY - that my account started May 2023.

What do I have to do to sort this out?? Virgin are illegally trying to get money from me that I don't owe, and after they have agreed that they have made errors in billing. 

I have life-threatening health issues and this stress may kill me.  If Virgin do not want to be murderers, can they please stop this awful and illegal treatment!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @foc

Thank you for your update on your post. We are so sorry to hear this was not sorted. I will pop you over a PM and look into what is going on for you, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,
Zoie