cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin are refusing to fix my Landline

BM11
Tuning in

Hi. My landline broke this week but Virgin are refusing to fix it and are demanding a move to internet phone which I do not want. Why won’t they just fix it. 

14 REPLIES 14

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BM11, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having and that you feel this way 😔

I can see you were speaking to the team around the same time you posted. Has the cause of the problem been explained to you?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

The call centre have said it will be solved today but they said that yesterday as well so I’m skeptical it will be. It doesn’t seem to be an area wide fault so I’m not sure how it will be fixed. 

Hi @BM11, thank you for your response. 

I can see your landline service is currently being impacted by an outage, but an estimated fix time isn't specified.

If, by any chance, you're still no further forward by tomorrow morning, please let us know.

Regards,
Daniel

That’s good and I will ask again tomorrow morning.

Hi @BM11, thank you. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Daniel

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An "Internet Phone" as you described is nothing of the sort. All it is that the physical wires you have at present are replaced by a connection via your VM hub. You keep your same own phones and number. What’s the problem. Mine was changed over a couple of weeks ago when I had a problem on my landline.  No problems experienced at all.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I have two phones so unless the existing socked can connect to the hub I would lose the one in the other room to the hub. Plus my current hub is not the most reliable and struggles at times. 

All working now. 

Hi @BM11, that's great to hear 😀

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel