cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin are refusing to fix my Landline

BM11
Tuning in

Hi. My landline broke this week but Virgin are refusing to fix it and are demanding a move to internet phone which I do not want. Why won’t they just fix it. 

14 REPLIES 14

Gone again. We had a brief local power cut of 2 mins and now no phone line again. 

Hi @BM11 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, we would need to bring you in for a private message to get this resolved. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like a faulty UPS at the local fibre node. These units are very old now & almost impossible to replace, which is one of the reasons for moving to hub based kit. The new full fibre Broadband service that everyone is moving to soon should have the latest power backup facilities allowing the line to work as far as your router. Many people around me now have small in-house UPS kit that will deal with the router side of any power failures.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just tried phoning them and they saying there is an area fault but I am not confident the call centre even understand the issue as they talking about all sorts of package issues which are not relevant.

Hi BM11

We're sorry to hear the issue has reoccurred.

Please pop your postcode into our service status page here
This will show any known area issues and provide an estimated fix time. 

If nothing shows, please pop back to us and we'd be happy to look into this further for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide