cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP set up

dgb111
Tuning in

My router is in my upstairs office but I want the phone downstairs where it was before the switchover. How do I arrange this?

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dgb111, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your landline phone relocated after the digital switch over, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

We'll need to get an engineer visit booked in for the relocation, they may need to do a small amount of drilling depending on where the wires need to go - But our engineers are excellent 😁

I'll send you a private message now so we can get this booked in. 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dgb111, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our private messages, I've booked a visit for you on my side. 

However if it's not suitable for you, you can login to your Online Account and reschedule it yourself 👨‍🔧 

Please let us know how the visit goes!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dgb111, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our private messages, I'm sorry that in the end the process of getting your handset relocated wasn't suitable for you. 

However, if you change your mind or need further advice, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan, Thanks for trying to resolve you were very helpful. Engineers not so good!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What was the problem with your technician visit?

There are regular, and wide-ranging, reports on here about the abilities, knowledge and interest-levels of some visiting VM tech's. Some people write on here to praise the work and attitude of their visiting technician. Others report in less complimentary ways.

Sometimes the visiting tech has no idea how to wire up phone connections so is not capable of wiring up phone extensions. Some past topics on here have reported multiple visits from VM techs were needed until one turned up who was able to complete the phone rewiring task.

Did you have a problem with the technician or were you not able to agree the method and route for the re-wiring work needed without excessive disruption?

If you can't arrange a wired connection with VM, you could always consider cordless phones but that would be at a cost to you.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey dgb111 - is it possible you could expand on why you feel this way? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.