cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my BT landline number to Virgin

Fsaman10
Joining in

Hi.  Looking to port my BT landline number to Virgin with whom I already have a landline phone.  Rang BT twice and told Virgin have to grab the number.  Rang Virgin and told get BT to do it.  Online form on Virgin website says enter your Universal Account Number which you get from your other landline company.  Bt don't seem to have heard of such a number.  Help please as I want to stop paying for BT phone but need to port the number first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fsaman10.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Don't worry you are in good hands here and we can get your BT number ported over.

It will take around 10 days to go through. Once it has gone through you will need to contact BT to close your account.

So I can get this arranged, I will need to send you a private message to pass security and take the number you want bringing over to us.

If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fsaman10.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Don't worry you are in good hands here and we can get your BT number ported over.

It will take around 10 days to go through. Once it has gone through you will need to contact BT to close your account.

So I can get this arranged, I will need to send you a private message to pass security and take the number you want bringing over to us.

If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

• Seems like you know how to get this done? I’d like to transfer my bt landline number to an already working Virgin connection.

Hi @Cageykj, thank you for your post.

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

@Daniel_Et wrote:

Hi @Cageykj, thank you for your post.

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Does the new fibre phone setup over the router work better than copper wires for compaines ??

Hello,

I have just connected to Virgin media and I have an active Virgin media telephone line number. When placing my order for Virgin media I declared I wanted to port my BT line over to Virgin media. Checking with my previous broadband provider they have no record of any porting request. I would like to make the necessary arrangements to port my BT line over to Virgin how do I achieve this?

Thanks and regards

Hello Clarkie67

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your existing BT number hasn't come over to us yet.

We can get this arranged from here for you.

It does take around 10 days from start to finish.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security first though.
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello Clarkie67.

Thanks for those details.

Just so you know the number has been requested to come over now for you.

Can you please let me know once it has been activated.

Gareth_L

kam1788
Settling in

Hi, we always had sky landline for my mother who likes to use it and a virgin tv, broadband and landline that i only use for contacting virgin.

is it possible to have the sky number as my virgin landline number.

so i can stop having 2 landlines and just had the 1 virgin one with the sky number ported on to it.

Thanks

Hi @kam1788 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We can certainly take a look into actioning this for you.

In order to do so, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

Regards,
Daniel