cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from BT and can't receive incoming calls

SueBW4
Joining in

I've recently ported my number from BT. My landline phone worked fine with the temporary number Virgin assigned, dialling out and receiving calls. Now my old number has been ported, I can dial out (and the correct number shows on caller ID) but I can't receive calls. Anyone who calls the landline just gets a continuous ringing tone. I spoke to someone very unhelpful at Virgin who said my phone must have failed, literally overnight on the same day as the number port, which I simply don't accept. It worked fine the day before. I don't think the number has been ported properly but nobody will listen to me. I've done the reboot etc and all my Virgin media equipment is brand new. The phone is a single hands free and charges from the mains.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

This gets mentioned regularly on here regarding number porting to VM. Calls out work OK and show the correct ported number. Calls inbound do not work (to begin with).

When exactly did the number port start to happen?

A common explanation is that the number port is in progress and may complete shortly (usually within a day as reported on here).

Beyond that, sometimes the port seems to get 'stuck' and requires further intervention from VM to complete.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SueBW4 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are not able to receive calls on your landline ☹.

Have you tried additional handset?

If you have further issues with your landline in the future you can click this link, to see if there are any faults affecting your services. 

I will have to private message you to look into this and run some tests on your line.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide