cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Virgin landline to a virtual landline provider

timmie
On our wavelength

My contract with Virgin is coming to an end and I have asked to switch to a BB and phone line 30 day rolling contract and cancel my TV services. But I want to port my landline to a virtual landline provider as well.

Problem is on this forum I read “If you start the disconnection process with us, we still require a 30 day cancellation period to happen, whether you're in or out of contract. During this time, you can contact your new provider to trigger the porting process. This way our staff will be aware that you'll be leaving soon and will not reject any porting requests.” but the new provider says “DO NOT CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT OR GIVE NOTICE TO YOUR PROVIDER - If you give cancellation notice to your current provider then the porting request will fail, and subsequent requests will incur a charge.”

What’s the correct order, I know this is a regular topic but I’m still not clear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timmie 

Thanks for your post

The port request will fully disconnect the landline for you once this has been completed on both sides and you will not need to contact us whatsoever. It's a real shame to see you go, timmie.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timmie 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your landline.

You will need to contact your new provider for the landline number port request to be started, this will then begin the process of transferring the number from us. You will also need to contact the team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to process your disconnection with us as the number port will only cancel the landline and not the whole package if broadband & TV is included.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

timmie
On our wavelength

Thanks, I have already cancelled the TV and I am keeping the broadband. I just want the landline ported. Do I need to contact you about this or will the number port request succeed and then automatically cancel the landline contract without contacting you?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timmie 

Thanks for your post

The port request will fully disconnect the landline for you once this has been completed on both sides and you will not need to contact us whatsoever. It's a real shame to see you go, timmie.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

timmie
On our wavelength

Thanks, that’s clear now. I definitely want to move the landline as I just don’t use it but we don’t want to lose the number. I am keeping the BB.

I am also open to offers for a TV package deal (we have two V6 boxes I’d like to keep).

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timmie 

Thanks for your response

You will need to speak with our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 who will be happy to look into your package issue with you and negotiate a new deal 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team