cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost calls

sharon95
Joining in

Hi. I have seen loads of complaints about these Ghost Calls. I have a BT 4000 hands free phone and receive at least 15 of these calls per day, most of them between the hours of 12.05 and 7.35 with a few others during the day and evening. It appears that there is nothing much being done about this and I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do. It is really annoying to see missed calls that have no number attached and having them clog up the phone memory. I have called Virgin but they don’t seem to understand what I am saying when I call and tell me to block the number, I’ve tried telling them there is no number to block and have them been told that I’m obviously not receiving calls as there are none logged at their end. Very frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The fix was rolled out somewhere around two weeks ago. I think I would give your hub another restart, clear down the call list on the phone and see what happens. Whatever the fix is, it may possibly be available to you now but maybe not when you last restarted the hub a week ago.

Give it a go and see if it now does anything. I am not clear what exactly the fix is (firmware for the hub or something else) but VM should now know what needs to be done to your line via the Hub 5. If the restart now does not work, VM will have to come up with an individual solution for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sharon95,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, which model of hub, do you currently have?

How long has this issue been ongoing? Do you possibly have another handset that you could try and see if the same happens using that handset?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Steven

i have the Hub5 I have tried another phone and had the same problem. This has been going on for about 3 months now. 
thank you. Steve. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

This issue has being going on for an age but the blockbuster topic on this subject

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

seemed to be reporting a fix for most users in recent weeks after rebooting the hub and clearing down the call list on the phone.

When did you last restart the hub?

Hi. I’ve cleared the call list every day since it started and restarted the hub a week ago but still getting the same problem. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The fix was rolled out somewhere around two weeks ago. I think I would give your hub another restart, clear down the call list on the phone and see what happens. Whatever the fix is, it may possibly be available to you now but maybe not when you last restarted the hub a week ago.

Give it a go and see if it now does anything. I am not clear what exactly the fix is (firmware for the hub or something else) but VM should now know what needs to be done to your line via the Hub 5. If the restart now does not work, VM will have to come up with an individual solution for you.

Thanks for your advice, I’ve rebooted my hub and cleared down the call list on my phone this morning and I have as yet not had any missed calls so fingers crossed it has worked.