cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone move

iancb
Tuning in

Just moved the home phone, aside from being inconvenient, this is the first time that it's been mentioned that you need to leave the hub on 24 hours a day to receive calls. Nice of you to move the cost of this to the end user and not reduce the bills. You make all the savings and we get nothing in return, except worse service (doesn't work in a power cut).

Another reason to not renew at the next contract end

Thanks for nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @iancb,

Sorry that you feel this way, with our Landline services if you are within contract it would be something that you are not able to cancel till your contract is coming to an an end, we're sorry that you feel this is not adequate, if you do wish to raise a complaint to do with this you can do so via our website here.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @iancb 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry you feel this way.

We're changing the phone line to 21CV (phone via the router) as all the telephone exchanges are closing by 2025. This therefore is not just with us but with every provider. We wouldn't reduce the bills as you're not getting a reduced service, just a different way of providing it. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

iancb
Tuning in

Thank you for the reply John, but as I said, it no longer works in a power cut so that is a reduced service. And you just passed the electric bill onto the customer, so worse and actually more expensive. I wasn't in the habit of leaving the hub powered on overnight as I don't tend to use the internet whilst asleep, and now I have to if I want to receive telephone calls for work, which I frequently do.

iancb
Tuning in

And now having rung the tech team and cancellations, I can't even cancel it without my bill almost doubling because it is part of the package. How very splendid. Next I assume you will slow the broadband down and charge me extra. I am not very happy at all. 

iancb
Tuning in

And from the switch page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

How much will this service cost?

It won’t cost you a penny extra. Your new fibre phone line will cost the same as your current service.

Which is blatantly not true.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @iancb,

Sorry that you feel this way, with our Landline services if you are within contract it would be something that you are not able to cancel till your contract is coming to an an end, we're sorry that you feel this is not adequate, if you do wish to raise a complaint to do with this you can do so via our website here.

Joe

Thank you Joe, I have done that. I assume nothing will come of it, but it made me feel better.