cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for new cordless three-phone package to work with new hub-based phone setup

acousticvillage
Tuning in

Hi all,
I have had the switchover and now have my main landline connected to Hub 3. However, I would like to have a phone in the bedroom and one in the hall.
Does anyone have any recommendations about a cordless phone package - say three phones, where the main base is plugged into the hub but the others can be placed around the house?
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve used Panasonic ones for years with no problems. The one I use have a separate base station, without a handset. Ideal for hiding away with your VM hub, mine is under the stairs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thankyou! It's a relief to know I can still use phone extensions. Virgin media seem to assume that everyone just has one landline and that they are willing to have it next to the router.

Do you have any problems with your extensions upstairs, seeing as your main base is under the stairs? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No range problems, ok out in the garden.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@acousticvillage wrote:

Thankyou! It's a relief to know I can still use phone extensions. Virgin media seem to assume that everyone just has one landline and that they are willing to have it next to the router.

Do you have any problems with your extensions upstairs, seeing as your main base is under the stairs? 

Do you already have phone extension sockets in the bedroom and in the hall?

VM can reconnect existing telephone wall sockets to the phone socket on the hub (free of charge) as part of the switchover process.

Unless there is a specific reason to keep existing phone sockets going (such as burglar alarm connections, medical/care alarms etc.) a cordless phone setup is a better solution IMHO as it is easy to install and more flexible to move around the satellite handsets.

The phones used by VM customers on here which seem to work are mainly from Panasonic, Gigaset (Siemens) and BT.

The BT phones often have the trueCall call screening system built in to screen out unwanted calls (which is a very useful feature) but the BT systems are often the ones which seem to get mentioned in a range of problem topics on here.

Many thanks indeed. Yes I have sockets around the house (been here 30 years!) but I suppose it is best to use a cordless setup now and bid farewell to the past! 😂 

Hey @acousticvillage, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

We appreciate the query brought forward on here.
I hope that you have found the answer you were looking for.
If you need anything from us - give us a shout and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs