cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line

Superplonk
Joining in

I have just been told by the helpline the following reason that our phone line has been dead since last Wednesday. As we are leaving Virgin and porting our landline number to the new provider the phone will no longer work and will take 14 days to transfer. 

I have just tried calling our old number and it just cuts off. This means that there wil be no incoming calls to our number for 14 days. Also we are still paying the line rental up to 12th December. What shambles.

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you have your new phone service set up and running with your new provider yet?

There have been a lot of topics on here recently about VM cutting off phonelines immediately once a cancellation has gone in.

Thank you for your reply, you have confirmed my fears of losing the number. I will phone Virgin again tomorrow.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Superplonk

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing with your landline. I can take a look into this for you via PM, please keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,

Zoie

In answer to your question, the answer is no. I do have a working line with my new provider that has a temporary number though. Virgin is in total disarray and if possible should be avoided. I have spent hours calling them and no one knows how to fix the problem, each with a different story. 

Thank you @Superplonk and we are so sorry again that this has happened.

Please do refer back to the PM with our colleague so they can look into this with you. 

@Superplonk wrote:

In answer to your question, the answer is no. I do have a working line with my new provider that has a temporary number though. Virgin is in total disarray and if possible should be avoided. I have spent hours calling them and no one knows how to fix the problem, each with a different story. 

You should follow up by PM with the forum team on here as a matter of urgency to find out what has happened to your VM line.

The VM forum team should be able to tell you if your line has been disconnected or not when you put in your cancellation notice (which has been reported in at least 15 topics on here just recently).

If that has happened in your case as well, there is a diminishing window of opportunity to recover the number so it can be ported.

It is your new provider who has full responsibility for the number port and liaising with VM to make it happen. You should not have to organise/make arrangements for it to happen.

The normal process should be that your new provider sets up your new line with a temporary number. Your VM line should be in working order and with no pending disconnection request on it. Your new provider ports the number and your ported number automatically replaces your new temporary number.