cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline!

hollyrowden
Joining in

I see there are quite a few messages regarding people’s landlines but thought I’d add to it in case virgin themselves can answer personally. 
Our land line is dead. I received the new hub yesterday which I have installed but there was nothing for the telephone despite it being mentioned in the instructions. Am I supposed to have been sent something for the phone too? Rather annoying as I’m waiting to hear about a sick relative. 

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey hollyrowden,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment. I have looked into this and your landline is still active via your wall socket, the service hasn't yet been migrated to your hub. Please can you try to plug your line back into the wall socket and let me know if its still working?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

The phone is definitely not working! It just has a buzzing noise rather than  the normal noise, and you definitely can’t make calls, I’ve tried. I haven’t done anything to the phone and I was told I should receive, have received something to plug into the phone. Is this the case as I need my phone line, and my husband especially needs it for work. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply hollyrowden. 

As the line has not yet been switched over, we would need to run some diagnostic checks as this could be a potential fault with the service. 

Can you please confirm the following for us? 

Have you checked all cables are secure and without damage/kinks?
Have you been able to test another handset to rule out an equipment fault?

Thank you, 

Nat

Thanks for replying. Both handsets make the same buzzing noise and there are no issues with the cables. 

Thanks for coming back to me hollyrowden and for trying all of the checks that my colleague recommended. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

You're very welcome hollyrowden 🙂