cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a service I did not request

dickins11
Joining in

On 23rd May my landline phone was transferred to the Fibre network so I inserted the adapter that I had been sent and 2 hours later all was working. When I received my June bill there was a £14.00 charge shown as Package Changes.

I phoned Billing Dept and was told that on the 24th May I had added Extras i.e. Call Divert, Reminder Call and Call Waiting. I pointed out that I had not given such a request and asked for confirmation of the phone number or email that had been used to make such a request. It could not have been from this household as there is only my wife and me.

The lady I spoke to had to keep referring it to someone else but eventually she agreed the charge would be withdrawn and the £14.00 would be credited to my July bill. She sent me an email showing that these Extras were no longer on my package.

My July bill has now come through with no sign of the £14.00 credit. As I have seen other posts where customers have got nowhere with the Billing Dept who should I contact to sort it out?

Any advice will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dickins11,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear there's been a few issues with your billing since having your landline service upgraded, this does seem strange.

I've popped you over a private message so I can look into this a bit further with you and make the necessary corrections.

Thanks 😊

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dickins11,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear there's been a few issues with your billing since having your landline service upgraded, this does seem strange.

I've popped you over a private message so I can look into this a bit further with you and make the necessary corrections.

Thanks 😊

Beth

Thanks a lot Beth

Hi dickins11,

Thanks for chatting with me via PM. I'm pleased to hear we've been able to get this sorted.

If you need anything else, we're just a post away 😊

Beth