cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Incoming phone calls for 9 weeks

VMcjh
Tuning in

Hi, my landline was disconnected during migration to fibre phone service. After much chasing, I can make calls out using my fibre home phone service, BUT I can't receive calls (except calls from other virgin media phones). Seems like the migration is incomplete but I can't get it finished. I have a complaint raised on the My VM web site but nothing is happening. How can I get this completed ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VMcjh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear of your recent landline service issues following the service switchover. Do you happen to know what happens when someone attempts to call you on the landline? Do they get an error message? Does it still ring?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When you dial out (to a mobile say) is the caller ID on the mobile showing your correct phone number?

In some of these migration-disconnection topics on here, the customer's phone is disconnected and they end up with a new number. The old number then has to be reinstated on the line.

Your description sounds similar to an incomplete number port where outgoing calls are possible but incoming calls to the ported number do not go through.

Check the compensation scheme while you wait for VM to fix the issue and keep detailed records of all VM's failures to fix

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VMcjh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear of your recent landline service issues following the service switchover. Do you happen to know what happens when someone attempts to call you on the landline? Do they get an error message? Does it still ring?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, when someone calls me they get a long continuous tone as though the line is dead/disconnected, EXCEPT if they are ringing from a Virgin Media land line which works fine as the line connects and I can talk to them as normal. I can call out from my VM phone to ANY network, but can only receive calls from the VM network !

Hi @VMcjh,

Thanks for expanding. Is it possible to test another landline handset? Just to help narrow down if this may be equipment related.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi Zach, our only other phone has a BT connector, so I'd need a BT to RJ11 adapter to test. Incidentally, as part of our landline to fibre migration we were sent a Superhub 3.0 to replace our old Superhub 2.0 as the Superhub 3.0 has the telephone RJ11 sockets built in. Our broadband has been quite flakey recently (postcode sector is NR6 7) so it's conceivable it's a router problem. I still have the Superhub 2.0 so could test hub and phone if I had suitable adapters ! eg BT to RJ11 to test old phone on Superhub 3.0, or BT to Ethernet, or RJ11 to Ethernet to both phones on the Superhub 2 ?

Hi goslow, thanks for info. Your right, as part of our migration we were disconnected, had a new number, and had to go through the porting process to get our old number back ! (which is where we're at now)

Thanks for confirming VMcjh,

So I can take a closer look at this for you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm