cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New landline hub connection

Caro24
Joining in

I used to have a landline upstairs and one downstairs. Now as the hub is upstairs I am left with only 1 phone. Not sure how this is an upgrade? I have read that a technician can fix but how and what kind of disruption would this entail? Don't fancy carpets up or skirting boards removed. Or maybe a discount as only half the service I had before?

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Caro24,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and for your landline query.

If you have cordless landline phones, you'll be able to plug the base into the Hub through the adaptor and then place the multiple landline phones around the property wherever most convenient to you. 

However, if you had multiple lines and different landline numbers, this can be looked into for you further.

Let us know what you think and if you'd like any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

1. Hi we have 1 phone base unit with one cordless phone and one other phone (not cordless) which was on another extension. Same landline number

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Caro24 wrote:
  1. Hi we have 1 phone base unit with one cordless phone and one other phone (not cordless) which was on another extension. Same landline number

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Hi Caro24,

Thank you for letting us know.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take your details and help you further with this.

Thanks

Beth

Caro24
Joining in

Just like to post that we have had a speedy visit from VM engineer at 8am this morning, arranged yesterday and we now have our 2 landlines phones working as before with very minimal disruption. Thank you

Hi Caro24,

Thanks so much for the update. I'm pleased to hear that your landline service in the home is set up to your liking. 

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

All the best

Beth