cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub5 has "telephony disabled" in setup and no option to switch it on

GordonAlexander
Tuning in

I was assured by an advisor that the new Hub5 would be set up to use my existing Virgin landline phone number and would just work when installed. I set up the hub5 on friday 14th and the internet/web worked fine after about 40mins, however the phone is a different story. After running some tests the advisor I contacted using my mobile phone said it would need an engineer visit which is booked for next Thursday. Looking in the hub5 setup it has "telephony disabled"  and no option to switch it on. Does this mean that it's not been enabled by VM yet? The phone is connected to the hub5 using the supplied adapter (the manual mentions also a phone cable, but that was not in the pack. Also, the manual seems to be for a different model of hub as it mentions a green or red light when installing the phone, but the hub5 only seems to have a blue or white light. I'd really like this fixed before Thursday if possible as the home phone is used daily for work. Can anyone help? - thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GordonAlexander,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Have you received any emails/texts from us regarding the switch over happening in your area or received an adaptor in the post?

If not, it may not be happening in your area yet and therefore an engineer visit would be required to switch this over earlier for you.

I am happy to see if we have any engineer availability to move the visit forward however I can't guarantee that we will be able to move the date.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vicki_M

I replied to your pm with the info you requested - did you get it ok?

Gordon

I've given my account details to yourself and Alex_RM but nothing seems to be getting done. I still have no landline phone and the hub says that telephony is disabled. 

Hi @GordonAlexander thanks for your reply here.

We do apologise, please await a further response from Alex - PM's are not instant replies but we will aim to respond as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Many thanks

Tom_W