cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switchover

JayOD1
Tuning in

My OAP dad is a VM customer with no broadband. Today VM have installed a router at his house as part of the Fibre switchover and left him with a temporary phone for his landline which you can ring out on.  His old cordless phone isn’t working currently - is this just a temporary issue? I rang my mobile from the temporary phone provided and it displayed a mobile number which just confused my dad. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi JayOD1,

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry to hear this about your Dad and his landline 😥 We're keen to get this sorted for him so you can relax knowing he's okay. 

I'll send you a Private Message now so we can get this sorted. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JayOD1

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's some confusion and concerns with the recent switchover. Can you clarify what the temporary phone is? It sounds like it might be an Emergency Back Up Line (EBUL). Does he have an adapter to connect the landline to the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the reply Zach.

Yes he’s been left with a EBUL phone. He hasn’t been left with an adapter. The engineer who visited today has basically said he needs to use his mobile in the meantime but didn’t tell him much more than that. My dad is quite vulnerable and has memory issues - I really need this switchover to be done as quickly and painless as possible please. 

Hi JayOD1,

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry to hear this about your Dad and his landline 😥 We're keen to get this sorted for him so you can relax knowing he's okay. 

I'll send you a Private Message now so we can get this sorted. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks a million Megan - sorry but can I just ask where I go to read a Private Message - never had one of them before!

Hi Jay, 

Don't worry haha if you're on a desktop then it's a "messages" button next to your profile picture in the top right hand corner. 

If you're on a mobile device then you'll have to click on your profile picture to see the messages button. 

Both are a little envelope symbol. 

If you still can't see it, then let me know and I'll send it again just in case it's not gone through correctly 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi JayOD1,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I'm glad to have got an engineer booked for your Dad's migration 👨‍🔧

An adapter is on it's way and the engineer will have longer cables for your Dad's landline connection. 

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue to help if you need us. 

Our door is always open!

Thanks,

Megan_L

An engineer is due at my dads tomorrow morning to finish the landline switchover however the adaptor hasn’t arrived in the post as of today. Is there any chance the engineer will have any spare adaptors with him? I don’t want to delay this process any longer.

Thanks