cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline, one way or no audio, works every third call or so.

RDF
Superfast

Morning,

For the last few days, we have been getting no / one-way audio on two-thirds of our calls.

Some inbound calls go to VM voicemail (which we didn't know we had until we started testing), the caller hears the ringing tone for a few rings but the phone does not ring.

Tried calling to/from mobile and other landlines, same results.

The problem occurs using a DECT phone that's worked for the past two years and also two very basic wired phones, connected to the socket or direct to the Hub 3.0.

As one-third of calls work, I am confident the problem is not with all three phones we have used to test.

The Hub 3.0 reports "Telephony(ready)" 

Data is fine, with very little packet loss and speed is as it should be.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey RDF,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, I have been able to look into this for you and can see that you will need a technician visit to resolve the issues with your line, this is an issue with the power supplied to your line and a technician is the only way to resolve this kind of issue. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey RDF,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, I have been able to look into this for you and can see that you will need a technician visit to resolve the issues with your line, this is an issue with the power supplied to your line and a technician is the only way to resolve this kind of issue. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome RDF and If you get chance, please let us know how the technician visit goes 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

RDF
Superfast

Quick update for the readers 🙂 

The engineer arrived when expected, and explained ongoing issues were being experienced due to some core network upgrades/device replacement work.

He'd changed several Hub 3.0's over the past week or so and it resolved around half the telephoney issues.

So, he quickly swapped mine out, made sure it was working then we tested with the three phone types I had to hand. All worked.

It's been a week now and the phone has been fine.

Thanks to the engineer and Steven_L for sorting it out so quickly.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this matter RDF,

We're glad to hear that the engineer was able to resolve the matter for you.

Do pop back up however if you require any further assistance! 

Take care,

Kain