cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

julespog
Joining in

My 92-year-old father-in-law has been without a landline for at least 3 days.  We know this because his daughter is abroad and has been trying to contact him, without success. 

I used my mobile to contact Virgin Media at 4pm today and spent a fruitless 25 minutes.  Whilst I did speak to a very pleasant and polite lady, she was unable to help me due to technical faults at their end.  She suggested I telephone back two hours later, which I did. I then spent a further 30 minutes on hold, listening to random music.

So, I have now resorted to this forum, in the hope that someone from Virgin Media will intervene.

The thing is, not only is my father-in-law frail, elderly and lives alone, but his landline is also connected to the emergency panic alarm which, at 2am this morning he had cause to press.  But we now know that it went unanswered due to the fault on the landline.  So, this is now becoming a very precarious situation.

• The lady I initially spoke with at Virgin Media confirmed that there are no faults in the area. 
  • We have tested the handsets and they are not faulty. 
  • He is unable to make or receive calls. 
  • There is no dial tone, or any tone whatsoever.
  • He does not have any other Virgin Media services such as Internet or TV.  Only the landline.
  • It is plugged into a phone socket attached to the wall (he does not have a hub).

Please can someone from Virgin Media assist.

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi julespog, thank you for joining our help forums and for your first post here.
A warm welcome to the VM community, great to have you on board.

We're very sorry to hear of the landline issues your elderly father is facing currently as well as the distress this has caused to you, also for our agents not having been in a position to help due to technical issues earlier.

This is definitely not the experience we want for our customers, we'd love to best assist especially as based on what you've advised the customer relies on our landline for their health and well being which is of highest importance to us.

Please, expect a private message from me now. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

I am glad we've managed to get a priory tech booked in for your father in law.

Please do keep us updated on how it goes. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

Just to say "thank you so much" for your kind assistance.  Your Tech arrived before 12noon, promptly identified a wiring fault and rectified it by installing a hub.  All working again.   

I dread to think how long this problem would have taken to resolve without your intervention.  

Many thanks.

Hey julespog, thank you for reaching out and I am so happy to hear this.

It wasn't a problem at all, I hope you both have a lovely weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?