cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing out

Gibbon
Joining in

I am having the same problem. Have plugged the phone into the master socket by the front door and disconnected the other handset. I ring the landline from a mobile phone and hear ringing tone on mobile but nothing on landline phone, However, the landline phone can answer the call.  VM call centre tried to analyze the problem but failed. Said I would receive a contact within 24 hours but still waiting after 2 days.

8 REPLIES 8

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, Gibbon.
Thank you so much for joining our help forums and for your first post here, a welcome to the VM community. Great to have you on board with us! 🙂

Sorry to hear of this issue with your landline not ringing when you receive calls in although the line works ok as well as the team did not help with this, we'd love to see how we can best support you.

To understand more on the issue, could you please advise if an alternative handset has been tested on the same socket (Master socket)? 
Also, when the handset connects to other wall sockets in the house does it work as expected (meaning to ring when receiving a call in)?

Lastly, please check and tell us if you have received any info from us recently regarding the migration of the lines in your area to our new line via fibre optics (phone connecting via hub) and if so, did we advise on the dates this would take effect?

Let us know more and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

Has this phone / wall socket rung normally in the past ?

Make sure the ringer of the phone is turned on and set to loud.

Gibbon
Joining in

Thanks for a reply. Yes, both handsets have been ringing normally for years.

Hi Gibbon, 

Thanks for coming back to us, I see that you may have only replied to Client62's post but not Adri_G's. 

Could you please answer the following information so we can help further - 

To understand more on the issue, could you please advise if an alternative handset has been tested on the same socket (Master socket)? 
Also, when the handset connects to other wall sockets in the house does it work as expected (meaning to ring when receiving a call in)?

Lastly, please check and tell us if you have received any info from us recently regarding the migration of the lines in your area to our new line via fibre optics (phone connecting via hub) and if so, did we advise on the dates this would take effect?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Gibbon
Joining in

Have now tried both handsets on master socket but same problem.  When I talked to support I was told my area was not yet scheduled for the switch to fibre optics.  I don't hear ringing on other sockets in the house.

Thanks Gibbon, 

It looks like you'll need an engineer visit to get this investigated and resolved.

I'll send you a quick Private Message now so we can get it booked in 👨‍🔧 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Gibbon
Joining in

Fixed!  Thanks to Forum for getting an engineer to visit. Am now receiving calls with ringing. But, because the base station phone has now to be connected via the router I had to buy a new pair of phones as my second handset was no longer suitable.  

Thank you so much for popping back to us @Gibbon 

We are glad to hear that the services are up and running though we are sorry that you have had to buy a new phone. Thank you so much again for letting us know and please do pop back again to us should you need any help and we will do all we can to help via the forums.