cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline issues

Cmd_
Tuning in

Hello,

So a few months back we did the switchover & have had the landline setup to the HUB5 (via the VM provided RJ11 adapter) & lately we have seen some strange issues such as:

• When trying to call some mobile phones the call won't connect after dialing the number
  • Sometimes when halfway through dialing a mobile number a message triggers saying something like "Oops something went wrong" (I can't remember the exact wording as of typing this)
  • Some people who have tried to call us from a mobile will get a message the number they are calling isn't available & go to the answer machine when the phone wasn't busy during that particular time
  • For the past week or so when we pick the house phone up the tone isn't the typical constant tone it will give a long tone then cut for a split second then go back to the long tone I though this was the answer phone service at first but we don't have any messages we haven't listened too waiting there.
    I uploaded an mp3 here of it which I recorded from my mobile (ignore the ticking in the background that's a clock)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_JFv4dSbsFTwyb4S_AZiGqU-p0BUr2w/view

I'm a little clueless as to what I can do as no of these issues were present at all before we did the switch over.
I'm based in South Manchester M23 area & have already rebooted the HUB a few times which doesn't seem to change anything & to state the broadband is working completely fine so this is only a "landline phone" issue.

Any ideas here ? thanks

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Cmd_, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the landline issues you've been experiencing on the service since the switch over to our router based system.

Can you please confirm if any resets of the hub have been completed, or is this just a basic reboot you have attempted previously?

Has an alternative handset also been trialled on the the connection?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi, sorry for taking a while to reply everything seems to be in order now. I cleared all messages from the answer machine & the tone seems to have gone back to the constant tone (I remember the answer machine tone being different) all incoming calls appear to come in without as issue again for now.

Hi, my landline worked fine until last week ,now the handset doesn't ring when a withheld or unavailable number tries to get through.Gone through all my phone setting incase I had blocked those types of calls and they are not blocked.Had engineer out says line is working OK but couldn't say why these types of calls weren't coming through.They tested phone and can see its going through but just not ringing.Only solution is to buy a new phone but what if I buy a new phone and the same thing happens ?

Hi @goodwin 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please do make your own thread in the future 🙂 this is purely to ensure no work is missed.

I am sorry to hear of this happening with the phone line. 

If an engineer has stated the line is working and also advised it would be a new phone needed, it means they've ran all checks their side and this would be the resolution.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill