cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not allowing outgoing calls

jayney207
Joining in

I am wrong on behalf of my year old mother. She reported to virgin media several days ago that she was unable to make outgoing calls. She was advised an engineer would come out and make adjustments and potentially give her a compatible telephone on Monday 28th August. No engineer arrived and she has had no further communication from virgin media. I have been on hold trying to speak to virgin media for a long time and have been unable to speak to anyone.  This is highly unsatisfactory as my mother is elderly and vulnerable. Virgin media are leaving her in a position where she is unable to get in touch with family members if she is unwell or has an accident. This is highly unsatisfactory deeply concerning. Please contact me as a matter of urgency so that I can provide my mothers telephone number and other details. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jayney207 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see your mother can't make outgoing calls ☹.

Has she tried an additional device if so what happens?

Is it just one number she can't ring or all of them?

You can track your appointments by our Virgin Media app.

So I can look into this a little better, I will be private messaging you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Alorraine
Joining in

Did you manage to get this sorted? My auntie has the same problem

Yes, eventually. Someone from virgin media messaged me after my original post on this and arranged for an engineer to go out. In my mum’s case, she needed a virgin Media router to be fitted to her BT box. My mum’s problems had arisen when the BT overhead cables were taken down and the virgin fibre cabling is being used for phone calls (apparently, all telephone exchanges will be defunct by 2025… so this change over process is happening all around the country over a period of time).