cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Down - Again

tsrplatelayer
Tuning in

My landline in Telford (NOT VOIP) has been completely off since abt 18:00 Sun 18 Feb 2024 - abt 20hrs so far. How come Service Status still says there is nothing wrong - rubbish. AND yes I have tried all the usual plugging and unplugging and trying different phones in the master socket - it didn't help. ( Sorry - its just so frustrating my 92 year old father has been taken into hospital and there is currently no way they can contact me!)

I would love to report it using my mobile phone but O2 signal is betweem 0 and 1 bar most of the time - useless.

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tsrplatelayer 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at this time. 

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket or an extension?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

As I indicated - i did all that - but to be specific I disconnected all internal phones and connected only one know good wired handset into the master - no dial tone.

Thank you for confirming this @tsrplatelayer 

I have checked the systems at our side and can see that there is still an outage affecting your landline services. The team are working to have this resolved as soon as possible for you. 
Please do let us know if you're still experiencing the issue in 24 hours and we'll see if there is any further information we can pass on to you. My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

tsrplatelayer
Tuning in

So why does your service checker say '

Untitled-1.jpg

there are no known problems in yor area'

There is certainly one advised at our side @tsrplatelayer 

What is advised as resolution when you run through the checks by clicking 'still having issues?' on the service status page? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Client62
Legend

Use 0800 561 0061 to hear about faults in your street.

The online Status Checker needs a doomsday event before anything starts
to show for our vast Area 31 spanning Suffolk / Essex / Herts.

tsrplatelayer
Tuning in

Noe of the options are relevant

Untitled-2.jpg

Bit difficult when you dont have a phone - landline out and as per original post  - very poor O2 service

Ah okay, thanks for trying that @tsrplatelayer 

There is an outage at our side affecting landline services at this time, my apologies that this is not showing on the service status page. 
We are able to update you from here if you're not able to call through the service status line. Let us know should you have further concerns or if anything changes at your side in 24 hours. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley