cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Line - time jumps an hour

NigelJB
Tuning in

Has anyone experience the time on their phone jumping forward by one hour.  Have manually set the time on the master phone a few times but it insists on adding an hour some time later.  My phone line is connected to my Hub 5.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Virgin Media have configured the phone system on the UK time zone but with the US calendar for Winter/Summer time changeover dates.  Hence the time shift occurs early.

When your phone rings on an inbound call the time is updated from the Caller Id data, this is when the hour shift occurs, by breakfast on Sunday morning it will look OK.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NigelJB

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the incorrect time on the phone. 

Which phone handset do you have please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Client62
Legend

Virgin Media have configured the phone system on the UK time zone but with the US calendar for Winter/Summer time changeover dates.  Hence the time shift occurs early.

When your phone rings on an inbound call the time is updated from the Caller Id data, this is when the hour shift occurs, by breakfast on Sunday morning it will look OK.

NigelJB
Tuning in

Thanks for the explanation.  Checked the theory by putting the phone back to the correct time and then phoning the landline number from a mobile.  It added the hour again.  All very well for British Summer time but will it be fixed before October.  6 months with an incorrect time recorded against incoming calls is not ideal. 

Hi NigelJB,

When the clocks go back in the UK on 31st March, the time should show correctly. 

The clock time should show incorrect by an hour between 10th March - 31st March and between 27th October (when clocks go back in the USA) - 3rd November (when clocks go back in the UK).

Whilst we do appreciate the frustration caused with the incorrect time, we're afraid that we don't have control over this and so it's not something we can change.

Beth

Client62
Legend

This "feature" has been around for a few years so I'd not hold my breath for a fix.
The 1 hour time error only occurs in the 2 weeks prior to GMT/BST and again prior to BST/GMT.

Thanks.  Never spotted this before so I assumed that it was only after the voip change-over.