cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Line Not Working

sp51cer
Joining in

My land line isn't working although status shows no problem ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No problem! We completely understand your concern. 
As the outage has already been raised the team are aware and working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. The estimated fix time is 6pm today. If this does not resolve the issues with your landline please do let us know so we can offer further support!

In the meantime, are you aware of our Emergency Back Up Line (EBUL) service? You can read more about this at the bottom of the FAQ page here How to upgrade your virgin media home phone | Virgin Media Help in the section titled 'What’s the Emergency Backup Line and how can it help me?'. If you think you would benefit from an EBUL please let us know and we can arrange getting one of these fitted for you. 

All the best! 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sp51cer, thanks for reaching back out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the landline.
May I ask how you are connected to the Virgin Media network?

Is it through the hub - if so, please reboot the hub.
If it is through the traditional cables? If so can you take out all the cables and put them back in?
Are you also able to try another landline?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried unplugging but everything seems okay. My son has tried to ring Virgin Media and there is a recorded message stating this area has land line issues.

Thanks for your answer if things don't come back I will contact you again

Thank you for the update.

Did the service update give a time frame of how long this issue will be going on for?
You can check here as well.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My son didn't say if there was a time frame for the fault to be fixed

Hi sp51cer,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see your phoneline still isn't working, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see an issue, so I can assist further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi sp51cer,

Thank you for reaching back out to me and advising your Phoneline is now working, in order to help others please can you advise what you did to fix it?

Regards

Paul.

sp51cer
Joining in

My landline isn't working again today 02/11/23

My landline removed isn't working again

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi sp51cer 👋 Welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting to make us aware of this landline issue. 

Sincerest apologies this is happening! 

Having had a quick look for you it does appear there is a known outage affecting your landline service. This is due to be resolved by 6pm this evening (02.11.23).  Sorry to hear this is not appearing on the service checkers 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. 

Please do keep us posted on how things develop so we can offer further support if needed!

Thank you for your patience whilst the team work on the outage and get this sorted. Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly