cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled VM today now phone has stopped working

jmac862
Tuning in

I gave the standard 30 day notice today (cut off date set to 18/10/23) but my landline phone has stopped working today. This is not a coincidence... why would they do that? Can I get the line re-instated till the correct date?

John

John McKenna
Ex RAF Ex NHS now retired and loving it...
4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jmac862,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel your services with us and are now experiencing a problem with your landline services. What happens exactly when you attempt to use your landline?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Complete silence - no dial tone - alternative phone plugged in to master socket - no change - I called number from my mobile - number not recognised - quite comprehensively dead

John

John McKenna
Ex RAF Ex NHS now retired and loving it...

Hi @jmac862,

I'm sorry to hear that. I've checked our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this. As such, I'm going to send you a private message shortly so we can take a closer look at things.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

backtothefuture
Well-informed

I'm in exactly the same position too - I've just started a new thread which is identical to yours:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Gave-notice-to-cancel-services-today-and-landline-st...