cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID is no longer operational on our home phone.

jonmc58
On our wavelength

For years we had caller ID operational on our home phone. It then disappeared after we had to get VM out to sort out the reasons - in the local exchange. Its a darn nuisance that we can no longer see who the caller is before we answer (or if we answer) We have not yet been switched over to a digital connection as our switch over was delayed and there does not seem any new date for the switch.

How can we get Caller ID put back into operation? 

Best Regards

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @jonmc58 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your phone line, and thank you again for posting, can I just confirm, did an engineer come out to resolve this? If so what advise did they give in relation to the issue?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @jonmc58 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your phone line, and thank you again for posting, can I just confirm, did an engineer come out to resolve this? If so what advise did they give in relation to the issue?

Hi there Ashleigh_C,

I'm trying to get things in date order but in the last 12 months we have had the first landline failure- cause unknown engineer checked our cabling and the went off and came back later having resolved the issue, tivo box replacement which required a new hub 3 to replace our prehistoric one, second landline failure  followed by a new hub 3 and finally replacement of the cable from the incoming feed and the hub on the other side of our house wall.

As we were due to have our phone swapped over to using the hub back in March we thought that all would be sorted then. 

I'm not sure when the Caller Line ID loss arrived but it took us a while to realize that we were getting lots of scam phone calls which we were unfortunately answering. Then we realized that we had always had caller line id in action since the old days of Nynex. 

I'm sorry that this is a rambling answer to your question and I suspect that the answer lies in the "exchange" somewhere as our wiring has been totally checked out by the last VM engineer on the most recent visit.

Best Regards

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for your response.

Just to clarify for us please, since the visit where the external cable was replaced, has the issue been resolved?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jonmc58
On our wavelength

Hi there Vikki_M,

There has been no change in the situation i.e. no caller ID shown on our phone.

We really do find it annoying being unable to see who is calling before we decide to answer or not.

Hope that you can get it turned back on.

Best Regards

Jon

Okay thank you. 

I will send you a private message now so I can help 🙂

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide