cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beocom 6000 No incoming calls after switch

andymac62
Joining in

Moved the home phone over to the cable modem today.  Can make outgoing calls fine but incoming calls do not ring and drop after 3-4 seconds.   All works fine with a simple analogue phone, the issue appears to be with the Beocom.  I have seen some posts with the same issue but can't see if any were resolved. 

Someone suggested de registering the phone from the Hub.  I have a Hub 3 being used as a Cable Modem, in settings I have no option to de register the phone.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?

13 REPLIES 13

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI andymac62, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the handset. 

Can you de-register and re-register it and ensure that it is not on vibrate mode?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

We have deregistered phones from Base Station and re registered. Same result after. 

Checked vibrate and the phone doesn't have that option.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi andymac62

Does the handset ring when you are called or if you make an internal call to the handset from another handset? 

Chris. 

Hi Chris,

We never have tried ringing between handsets.  I'll see if we can.

If I call my number with my mobile  I do not get ring tone but the call appears to connect.  If I answer on my Beocom hanset the call is there I can talk both ways.  If I do not pick up on the Beocom handset the call on my mobile clears 3-4 seconds after it appeared to connect.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Chris,

yes internal calls between handsets, the handset does ring.

Regards,

Andrew

Thank you for your response @andymac62,

To further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@andymac62 wrote:

Moved the home phone over to the cable modem today.  Can make outgoing calls fine but incoming calls do not ring and drop after 3-4 seconds.   All works fine with a simple analogue phone, the issue appears to be with the Beocom.  I have seen some posts with the same issue but can't see if any were resolved. 

Someone suggested de registering the phone from the Hub.  I have a Hub 3 being used as a Cable Modem, in settings I have no option to de register the phone.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?

Last (lengthy) topic about this was here, if you have not yet read, with no resolution

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Incoming-calls-failure-after-switch/m-p/5102011

and there have been others before. In summary, can't recall anyone getting the B&O phones to work reliably off a standard BT line. Outcome of the OP's move to BT above is unknown but suspect the results may well be no different with BT on their 'Digital Voice' service.

No problem at all @andymac62. Please let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks goslow,

i saw this and tried a master socket on the router but no luck. Hopefully the engineer can sort it.