cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls failure after switch

Ib01328
On our wavelength

I have a rock solid B&O Beocom 6000 system. It has 5 handsets connected wirelessly.

After engineers were 'working in the area' they disconnected my landline.

Following arranging an engineer visit, when the phone was connected into my hub, the system can make calls but incoming calls do not connect at all. The engineer claimed my phone system was faulty and left.

After considerable resistance and unfulfilled promises for callbacks from 'the network team' another engineer visit was scheduled.

That young chap has just left without resolution.. he said he had never seen a system like mine and 'didn't have a clue'.

I have read on a BT Community site of identical issues to mine which seem to have been resolved using an old '2 wire' ADSL filter being fitted to the line. Having looked online I can't identify a source for the filter... all and any help to resolve the issue would be gratefully received. 

42 REPLIES 42

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ib01328,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline set up looked into, I am sorry this problem only arose after the Home Phone switch over. 

I can appreciate your frustration with this as two engineers have been and gone with little to no help due to your in-home set up. 

Can I ask if you have received an adapter from us to help connect your home phone to the Hub?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Ib01328
On our wavelength

Hi Megan,

the original engineer initially said he didn't have the necessary connector but then produced a connector from his pocket and said he would 'try this'. I had the impression he would have generally used a different bit of kit. 

That connector from his pocket is still in place.

Hi Ib01328,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry about that! 

I have a feeling I'm going to need to email your local Area Field Manager about this as it's not a general issue that we can deal with easily. 

Before I compose the email, could you describe how your in-home phone set up works please? I'll then forward that info onto them so they have all the info needed. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Ib01328
On our wavelength

Hi Megan,

My phone system takes the 'line in' into a splitter. From the splitter one line goes to a connector that adds a separate power line and feeds an ansafone. The other line from the splitter does the same thing... feeding a base unit that carries a handset and broadcasts to the other 4 handsets. I can send pictures if that helps.

Originally there was a 4 wire ADSL filter between my system and the master socket on the wall... the first engineer left this in place between the Hub connector he supplied and my phone system. The second engineer removed the ADSL filter and plugged the splitter directly into the connector supplied by engineer 1. This doesn't seem to have made any difference to the performance of the connection.

As an aside, the 2 wire ADSL filter I referred to earlier in the BT forum had a picture showing the 2 wires at position 2 and 5 in it's plug.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ib01328 wrote:

I have a rock solid B&O Beocom 6000 system. It has 5 handsets connected wirelessly.

After engineers were 'working in the area' they disconnected my landline.

Following arranging an engineer visit, when the phone was connected into my hub, the system can make calls but incoming calls do not connect at all. The engineer claimed my phone system was faulty and left.

After considerable resistance and unfulfilled promises for callbacks from 'the network team' another engineer visit was scheduled.

That young chap has just left without resolution.. he said he had never seen a system like mine and 'didn't have a clue'.

I have read on a BT Community site of identical issues to mine which seem to have been resolved using an old '2 wire' ADSL filter being fitted to the line. Having looked online I can't identify a source for the filter... all and any help to resolve the issue would be gratefully received. 

When you say 'do not connect' do you mean no ringing sound (but the call can be answered if you pick the phone up while making a test call from a mobile) or do you mean no ringing and no connection at all for an incoming call?

What sort of era is the B&O system (early 2000's or before)?

If you suspect the issue is to do with the third wire/ringing capacitor problem then you could ask VM to provide the adapter with a ringing capacitor in it (RJ11 plug to BT socket with ringing capacitor adapter). Not certain but VM may have provided these in the past possibly being black in colour? You can also Google online for same (colour irrelevant for generic items).

VM should have these available for use with older phones but often no one at VM seems to know anything about such things.

There have been a few past topics on here though regarding B&O phones. Nice kit but they do seem to throw up some manufacturer-specific oddities sometimes (I think no caller ID issues might also have been mentioned in the past on here).

@Ib01328 wrote:

Hi Megan,

the original engineer initially said he didn't have the necessary connector but then produced a connector from his pocket and said he would 'try this'. I had the impression he would have generally used a different bit of kit. 

That connector from his pocket is still in place.

When you say earlier that incoming calls don't connect, but outgoing is fine, if you call your home number on a mobile, does it seem as if it is ringing ok on the mobile but the house phone doesn't ring? If you pick up the house phone, even if it isn't ringing, does it connect and you can actually answer the call?

Ib01328
On our wavelength

Hi Goslow,

thanks for your post.

In awnser.. the original B&O Become 6000 and ansaphone were purchased in 1999 and it is a mk1 version.

I have had to add 3 handsets with charging bases (off ebay) within the last year following the failure of original VM connection wiring (into my old BT copper system) which was 'no longer supported' according to the VM engineer who attended site. I was a bit miffed at the time that they refused to repair their own work!

When the present fault first happened incoming calls did not ring the system but the ansafone module display briefly illuminated... on the mobile one heard one ring but then the line went dead. Now my system doesn't react at all and on the mobile you hear a click followed by 3 beeps before a dead line.

Ib01328
On our wavelength

Hi Jem,

Just seen your post, thanks.

I'vejust rung the line and.... there was a single ring on the mobile at which point I tried to 'pull' the line with one of the Beocom handsets. The handset has taken the line.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ib01328 wrote:

Hi Jem,

Just seen your post, thanks.

I'vejust rung the line and.... there was a single ring on the mobile at which point I tried to 'pull' the line with one of the Beocom handsets. The handset has taken the line.

Bit confused by your terminology here.

You rang the landline from your mobile.

You heard only one ring tone listening on the mobile handset but you were able to answer the call OK on the landline and the call connected OK when you answered on the landline?