Did you mean: 

Upload speed for my gaming is extremely slow

Shiens
Tuning in
11 REPLIES 11

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wifi ?  Wired ?  What Hub do you have ?  Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wired , hub5 areas no fault 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does www.samknows.com/realspeed show ?  Try a new Cat 6 ethernet cable as they can fail.

Also note that console are not the best things to be running speed tests on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shiens,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with your upload spped, can I ask what speed are you meant to be receiving?

Also are any other devices facing problems?

Let us know,

Kain

Client62
Legend

From seeing 901 Mb/s in the download test, the customer has a Gig1 a/c

8867C84A-26DE-427C-B2B8-8473F17A7F43.jpeg

 I should get 100mbps as promise but only get around 8.0mbps to 12mbps all the time . With wire connection . Wireless with phone devices show 45 to 50mbps . 

Many thanks 

Shiens

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

Upload speeds on console can vary depending on many factors, just off the back of this however, are you currently using a Cat6 cable?

Regards,

Kain

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shiens wrote:  <snip>   I should get 100mbps as promise but only get around 8.0mbps to 12mbps all the time . With wire connection . Wireless with phone devices show 45 to 50mbps .Shiens

The 100Mb upload is a phased rollout and you may not have it yet.  It will take some time to provision this upload to the entire VM customer base.

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

RedGooner
Super solver

Never never nerver take the speed of a PS4 / PS5 speed test. Its never shows a ture speed up or down.
I have been reporting this since when the PS4 came out.

Always do a speed test via PC connected via wired cable.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?