cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability and poor service.

LeeVM
Joining in

My connection has less stability than Broadmoor. Can anybody suggest an ISP that has a more stable and solid connection than vermin medias? I was on the verge of cancelling and going with a competitor recently, but was offered a better deal... It's not going to stop me cancelling the direct debit though if this isn't resolved sharpish. I'll givbe it a week, tops, before I mail the HUB back in a jiffy bag (it'll fit, trust me). The packet loss is a joke and I'm CONSTANTLY being booted from live service games. All I ever get here is: "Can you post your think broadband graphs?" and I'm sick of it.

No, I will not do your job. YOU'RE the ISP, YOU fix this crap I'm paying you for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Well nothing will get fixed then, so commenting on here won't make a difference.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

It didn't happen. The problem comes with packet loss at strangely timed intervals as a repeating pattern and vanishes for a few days before rearing its ugly head again (See attachment). I was told I would be billed if a problem wasn't found and was advised against it by a Joseph_B. 007451af4e5137407383616ab7dc314449c363d6-08-02-2024.pngWhy I stick with this company baffles me.

carl_pearce
Community elder

But you have a problem?

The previous BQM clearly shows an issue, so if it's still the same then there is a problem with your line or the local cabinet.

And by the time I get an engineer out the issue subsides for a day or two and I get a bill for a callout because everything is working as it should be on the day they arrive. I don't work for VM, I'm just taking the advice from somebody who does.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Well nothing will get fixed then, so commenting on here won't make a difference.

LeeVM
Joining in

Sarcasm intended with the marked as helpful, obvs.

What you're saying is this: I should risk a bill from a "provider," I'll use that term loosely, and go against the advice of VM employee on the chance that the problem is in swing at the time they can get out to me?

If nobody from VM can chime in at this point, I'm about ready to drop you like a bad habit.

carl_pearce
Community elder

I'll leave you to it. I just don't see how you think you are going to get anywhere without a visit.

Hey LEEVM, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

As mentioned we are most likely going to need to get a tech out, so let me send you a DM.

Please do look out for it. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?