cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad and constant packet loss

revvit
Joining in

I'm getting constant packet loss and it's making on gaming and watching some streaming channels impossible to play/watch. This started about 1 week ago and has just been getting worse.

I set up a monitor on thinkboardband. The packet loss is constant as is high ping, which may be linked. I followed the online virgin broadband tester which advised me to restart my router (at about 6pm) after it found nothing wrong. As you can see below, the packet loss is even worse now.

7362090471bfc686036b5bf36abbd5348ebe5f98.png

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

First, check if there is a known local fault, 0800 561 0061. 

Post the Hub data. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks. Shortly after I submitted this question a problem was identified in my local area. It was fixed in about 24-36 hrs and now I'm back to near zero packet loss and improved latency.

Hi there @revvit 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your service but I am glad to hear things are looking better again.

Please do monitor this and let us know if there are any other changes and we will do all we can to advise. 

And... we're back to constant packet loss again. I'll post as a new topic, but wanted to include here to keep track of, if there is a persistent issue.

revvit_0-1694467385887.png

Hey revvit and thanks for coming back to us to report this. I have looked into your account and cannot see any issues at the moment with your connection or in your local area, how has your connection been running since you last posted?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

revvit
Joining in

revvit_0-1694714466318.png

This was being reported on the status page as and "intermittant issue". It looks like it went away at about 5am on Wednesday, 13th. Thanks

Hi @revvit 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies about the delay in responding. Are you still having ongoing issues with packet loss with your service. I shall send you a private message should you wish for me to look into further. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

revvit
Joining in

Hi @Sabrina_B

Just seen your private message. I'll provide more details to you privately. Packet loss is reduced but still pretty constant. 

revvit_0-1694970000569.png